Ways to Learn to Love Yourself

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/graphics/2008/01/08/hteamlifestyle108.jpg

Loving myself isn't something I'm very good at. It takes hard work to look in the mirror and like what I see. It's difficult for me to enjoy who I am. Low self esteem has been something I've struggled with all my life. I have, however, found ways to combat it. I'd like to share these with you in hopes that it will not only enrich your lives, but it might help me a little in turn.

Make lists

Make a list of things about yourself you like. I know this is difficult at first, but it's imperative to identify the things about yourself you like. Here's an example list:

I like myself because...

* I am caring.
* I am kind.
* I am hardworking.
* I like cats.
* I'm passionate about things.
* I'm capable of loving deeply.
* I have cute hair.
* I have pretty eyes.
* I'm a good writer.

Again, this isn't easy at first. I recommend starting with lists of things you like. For example, I like cats, reading, walking, the color pink, etc. If you really like the things you write down, those things make up parts of your personality. You can like yourself just for liking those things, just like you might like someone else for having similar likes.

No comments: