Thinking positively can lead to optimism

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/4792-30.jpg
Thinking positively can lead to optimism!

The trick is to catch yourself in the act of being pessimistic and change your thinking. This might not come easily, but it's very doable. One way we can train our brain to start thinking more positively is through affirmations.

Affirmations are positive phrases we say to ourselves. Phrases like, "I can become an optimist," for a relevant example, are affirmations. Here are a few more examples:
  • No matter what happens, I can bounce back.
  • I am a strong, competent person.
  • I am beautiful.
  • People love me.
  • I do excellent work.
  • I am successful.
  • Everyone has setbacks and I can overcome them.
  • If I work hard, I'll get good grades.
  • I love myself.
Repeating phrases such as these to ourselves can actually have an impact. You'll find that if you practice affirming with optimistic, confident phrases, your brain will start building new neural pathways. These pathways will start to lend themselves towards positive, rather than negative, thoughts.

No comments: